The truck driver position performs a variety of routine and complex transportation work in driving and coordinating transportation plans in support of the Fleet Department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1. Perform a variety of duties in the operation of the Fleet Department, such as hauling, snowplowing, dumping, etc.
- 2. May plan route to insure most economical use of time and equipment.
- 3. Obtain materials from yard or supplier and haul to yard or job site.
- 4. Plow snow and salt roads according to departmental policy.
- 5. Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment.
- 6. Assist in the installing and maintenance of traffic control devices.
- 7. Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- 8. Serves as a member of various employee committees, as assigned.
- 9. Control traffic at work sites by flagging to guide traffic through work areas, as required or assigned.
- 1. Discretion.
- 2. Decision Making.
- 3. Time Management.
- 4. Thoroughness.
- 5. Customer/Client Focus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, or moderately loud when in the field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work fluctuate Monday through Saturday, 40 or more hours per week.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Required Education and Experience
- 1. High school diploma or GED.
- 2. 1 year of relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
- 3. Valid CDL License.
- 4. Clean driving record.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents.
It is the policy of The Company to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code 125.111 and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, military status, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law, is illegal.
Employees or applicants who believe that The Company has discriminated against them should report it immediately to The Company President. It is important to note that employees and applicants may raise such concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
All employees will comply with state and federal equal employment laws, rules, regulations and guidelines. Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.